We’re all about making and becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. In other words, we’re intentional about…
- growing in our intimacy with Christ.
- becoming more Christ-like in our relationships.
- serving in the area of our Spirit-giftedness.
- sharing our grace story.
If you cut us, we bleed…
We’re all about Jesus. We can’t stop talking about what God’s Son has done! By His death and resurrection He rescued us from the mess we’d made of our lives, purchased our forgiveness, and restored us to relationship with God!
While there are many authorities out there and lots of things we could talk about, our teaching is based squarely on the Bible. Time is short. Eternity is long. Only the Word of God lasts forever and cannot fail.
Not buildings. Not programs. Only people are made in God’s image, and every person will exist somewhere forever. So we choose to express God’s love to people everywhere.
What’s important to us…
We make a really big deal about who God is and what He has done. Our worship gatherings employ diverse musical styles and artistic expression in concert with timeless, biblical truths. The goal? Recurring, fresh encounters with our Creator.
Find out more about our worship.
The Bread and the Cup…
…picture the extreme price Jesus paid to purchase our forgiveness. He exchanged our death sentence for His life. We can’t stop celebrating what Jesus did, so we honor Him for His sacrifice in our weekly worship gatherings.
Click here to read more.
Shared Ministry of the Word
God has blessed Woodland Hills by giving us a number of gifted speakers and teachers. We value the added richness and breadth that comes from sharing the teaching and preaching ministry among these various individuals.
We are a congregation led by a group of pastors and elders who view themselves as shepherds serving under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. While these men have different strengths and gifts, no one man has final authority. In matters of direction and vision, the pastors and elders ask the Holy Spirit to confirm His leading by bringing them to a point of consensus and unanimity. Meet our pastors and elders:
(L to R) Lindsay Hislop (elder), Paul Cochrane (pastor and elder), Henry Blackwell (elder), Christie Lomas (elder) and Ken Williamson (elder).
In addition, the pastors and elders appoint various individuals for leadership in specific areas of ministry.
|Worship Ministries Director
|Global Outreach (GO) Team Coordinators
Jose & Rebecca Carrion
The fine print… (what we believe)
Someone once said, “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.” We like that. There are certain non-negotiables we’re committed to as Christ-followers. Beyond that, there are many non-essentials to our faith, with freedom for varying interpretations of the Scriptures. Yet, whether we’re defending the essentials or working through the non-essentials, we’re committed to an attitude of love.
- in the historic Christian faith as revealed in the Scripture and practiced by the early Christian church.
- that the Bible is verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing.
- that the Bible reveals the ruin of man by sin and his redemption through the atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- in the virgin birth of Christ, His sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and future return to earth to establish His kingdom.
- in the One church, the body of Christ, whose members are united to Him, the Head in heaven, by virtue of their faith in the Savior.
- that the local church is God’s unique provision for His people, who gather for the purpose of worship, prayer, teaching, preaching, fellowship, and evangelism.
- that every Christian is a member of the body of Christ, which is the one true church, and that every believer should commit to fellowship and service with a local church.